Investment security is directly linked to the legal status of the platform on which the trader is registered. Therefore, whether a trader is a professional or a novice, using the best technology to buy and sell trading assets is crucial. There is a reasonably wide range of platforms available today, but choosing the best trading platform actually can be more complicated than it seems. Therefore, the online platform Zerodha in India is brought to your attention in this article.
What is Zerodha?
A trading platform is software through which a trader gets online access to the international exchange and over-the-counter financial markets. While the broker is the intermediary between the market and the trader, the trading platform is a tool provided by the broker to the trader to receive information and execute transactions.
Zerodha is an online platform for investing in stocks, derivatives, mutual funds, and more.
Zerodha was registered in India in 2010 by a professional trader Nitin Kamata. Zerodha trading platform provides an opportunity to trade securities and make short-term and long-term investments in the stock market.
Zerodha broking is No.1 among stock brokers in India in terms of trading volume and number of clients. Zerodha places orders with about 4 million traders daily, which accounts for over 15% of India's total retail trading volume in this sector.
Zerodha India is a stock broker that targets traders and investors from India and other countries worldwide.
Zerodha trading options
Zerodha is an innovative, modern, and intuitive trading platform.
The main differences between trading platforms are functionality and features. As for the interface and visual perception, everyone has his own opinion, but the platform's functionality directly influences the quality of market analysis and trading results.
Zerodha is an ecosystem of modern investment applications adapted to specific needs.
- Zerodha trading platform Kite is a super-fast flagship trading platform with streaming market data, advanced charts, an elegant user interface and much more. Enjoy Kite on Android and iOS devices.
- Console. A central dashboard for your Zerodha account. Get insight into transactions and investments with detailed reports and visualisations.
- Coin. Buy direct mutual funds online, commission-free delivered directly to your Demat account. Enjoy the investment experience on Android and iOS devices.
- Kite Connect API. Create powerful trading platforms and experiences with our super-simple HTTP/JSON API. If you are a start-up, create your investment app and showcase it to our client base.
- Mobile Varsity. An easy-to-understand collection of stock market lessons with detailed coverage and illustrations. Content is broken down into bite-sized maps to help you learn on the go.
So, hence the question of what to invest in?
- Firstly, you can trade stocks for delivery or during the day on over 5,000 stocks listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- You also have access to futures, i.e. metals, oil and agricultural commodities on the MCX, and exchange and index futures and options on the NSE.
- Then invest in over 2,000 direct mutual funds directly without a distributor. You can save up to 1.5% in commissions each year.
- Furthermore, now, you can also apply online and invest in companies listed on Indian stock exchanges with an IPO (Initial Public Offering) through your BHIM UPI app.
Zerodha provides the customer with a single trading Zerodha account with no minimum deposit requirement. The account opening fee is Rs 200, and the transaction fee is Rs 300 per annum. No inactivity fee is charged.
Demat is a single trading account for transactions in the stock market. The commission per executed order for intra-day transactions in stocks, bonds and commodities is 20 rupees or 0.03% (whichever is less). There are no charges for investing in mutual funds.
The broker does not have a Demat account, but the Demat account allows you to invest funds with a balance of 1 or more.
All in all, Zerodha India is an optimum combination of technology, transparency and a lucrative investment environment.
Terms and conditions of Zerodha
The Zerodha website is very detailed and informative with all the information you are looking for, as it is very user-friendly and easy to use.
Before using online trading services, the Customer must go through the registration process, which may be prescribed from time to time. Customers must follow the instructions given on the website to register as a customer.
Below, you can read more about the platform's essential terms and conditions.
Commissions and fees
Customer agrees to pay Zerodha any brokerage fees, commissions, charges, service tax and other taxes and transaction fees agreed upon and payable from time to time, applied by Zerodha to Customer's account, transactions and trading book, for services that Customer receives from Zerodha.
All fees, brokerage services and charges on the Zerodha platform are subject to change from time to time, subject to the rules prescribed by the exchanges and SEBI.
Most importantly, whenever there is any change in fees, charges and brokerage services, Zerodha will notify all customers by email and SMS to their registered email ID and contact number with all details and the effective date of such changes.
So, what are the nice things about working with this platform?
- First is the free stock delivery. All stock delivery investments (NSE, BSE) are free.
- Secondly, the small commission for intraday and F&O transactions is Rs 20 or 0.03%.
- The third is the free direct MF. All direct investments in mutual funds are absolutely free.
When it comes to funding your trading account, the weight is simple. You can fund your account using the Coin app or kite mobile using UP. In addition, the UPI payment option allows you to transfer funds from your mapped bank account using a UPI (Google Pay, BHIM, etc.) app on your mobile.
If you transfer funds to your trading account between 12 am & 7:30 am, it won't reflect on your trading terminal until after 7:30 am.
On the website, you can find more detailed instructions on how to fund your account and any other questions you may have.
What about withdrawal of funds?
Please note that the only withdrawal method available is a bank transfer. It is not possible to transfer money to cards and e-wallets.
Deposit and withdrawal currency is the Indian rupee only. That is important.
Payment requests are processed electronically. As a result, payments are credited to the customer's primary bank account quickly and precisely within 24 hours of processing the withdrawal request.
Withdrawal requests are processed till 8:30 pm on working days, Delhi time. If a withdrawal request is placed before 8:30 pm, the money will be credited to the account on the next working day of the bank. If the request is placed after 8:30 pm, it is processed on the next working day, and the funds are credited within 48 hours.
Zerodha registration in India
How to register on the Zerodha website?
The process is straightforward.
The steps are as follows:
- Click on the "SignUp" button on the Zerodha website. Enter your mobile number and click on the button "Continue". You will receive a 6-digit one-time password to the indicated mobile phone number. Enter the password and press confirm button.
- Enter your full name and email address on the form below. A one-time password will be sent to the provided email. Enter it in the confirmation window and click on "Continue". Next, verify by providing complete personal and financial details, scanned copies of documents and your unique Aadhaar ID number.
This point is critical and is mandatory. This step is for the safety of your account and money in the first place.
Voila. Registration successful. You now have access to your personal office. With it, you can:
- Fill your account
- Withdraw money
- Evaluate the profitability of your investment portfolio and much more.
Zerodha Advantages and Disadvantages
Having familiarised ourselves with the main features, products and assets available, we can move on to the analytical part. First, it is worth highlighting the advantages of this trading platform.
Some of the advantages are as follows:
- Strict adherence to Indian legislation and operating by the regulator's requirements.
- Convenient browser-based and mobile versions of the trading platform.
- Transparent and clear working conditions.
- Own knowledge base with informative lessons.
- Low brokerage commission for trading in shares and derivatives.
- Possibility to form diverse investment portfolios and trade stock market instruments. It helps to reduce risks and increase the chances of successful trading within one platform.
The drawback with the broker is that forex trading through Zerodha is unavailable. And the interface of all terminals and the broker's website is available in Hindi and English only. However, the advantages outweigh the disadvantage.
Is Zerodha Indian company?
Zerodha brokerage company was registered in India on 15 August 2010 by professional trader Nitin Kamata. It has the registration number INZ000031633.
Is Zerodha broker legit?
One of the most important things about working with a broker is that the company strictly complies with the laws of India. The company operates following the requirements of the regulator.
Why is Zerodha so successful?
The company has many years of experience creating an environment for traders who want to make money on changes in the value of stocks, futures and options. Zerodha was the first broker in India to offer its clients direct investment in mutual funds without charging trading commissions.
Is Zerodha free for lifetime?
A fee is charged for opening and maintaining the account.
Is Zerodha good for beginners?
Several proprietary trading platforms, including those for mobile devices (iOS and Android), designed for both beginners and experienced traders.
Is my money safe in Zerodha?
Zerodha is a company with zero debt to account holders and investors. Client securities are held in segregated accounts, i.e. utterly separate from the company's capital.
What Can I trade On at Zerodha?
Stocks, options, futures, shares and commodity market assets are available.
Does Zerodha charge for buying shares?
The company charges a fixed brokerage rate of Rs 20 per transaction irrespective of trading volume.